New soft skills development series (July 3rd, 10th, and 17th):
Three 1.5 hours’ sessions designed for professionals to learn about emotional intelligence in the time of crises, how to develop a positive attitude and how to be a good listener. Discover skills that are highly valuable for those seeking success in the workplace presented by expert facilitator."
- Session 1 - July 3rd, 2020: Emotional Intelligence, how do you manage your emotions in the time of Crises
- Session 2 - July 10th, 2020: Attitude is Everything
- Session 3 - July 17th, 2020: Active Listening - Are You Actually Listening?
Saad Ahmed is Program Manager at the City of Calgary and brings over 20 years’ experience in municipal government. Saad holds a Bachelor of Computer Science majoring in Information Systems and has been a Project Management Professional (PMP) and active member of the Project Management Institute since 2006. Over the past 10 years, Saad has been sharing his knowledge and expertise by conducting workshops, webinars and by presenting as a guest speaker in conferences across the globe in Canada, the United States and Turkey.
Saad is the founder and principal of Advanced Project Management Excellence Services Inc. that provides project management and leadership training services to Mount Royal University, S.A.I.T (School of Construction) and Red Deer College. Saad has received training in many project management principles and he actively trains, mentors, and supports delivery project managers and business analysts in using their use of project management tools and methodologies. Saad strongly promotes a culture of disciplined project management and leadership to delivery groups, industries and educational institutes.
Presentation Title: Emotional intelligence, how do you manage your emotions in the time of Crises
Having control over our emotions not only will help us to become mentally stronger but it will improve our relationships, reduce our negative thoughts and effectively handle conflicts on a personal level and in the workplace. Off course, not anyone can control their emotions and it is easier said than done. Managing your emotions requires practice, dedication and pertinence. Saad will share with you best practices and tips of how to manage your emotions in the time of crises.
- What is Emotional Intelligence (EQ) - Understanding Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Steps to Manage a Looming Crisis
- How to not feel isolated when working from home
- The Importance and Benefits of Venting Frustrations
Presentation Title: Attitude is everything… How to stay positive during a difficult time
Change is inevitable in our life. Saad will share with you the best practices and tips on how to change your attitude and how to stay positive during difficult times by increasing positive energy and purposely decreasing your negative energy.
- Understating the Definition of Attitude
- How the negative or positive attitude will affect your attitude
- How to develop a positive attitude
- Understand the difference between the Negative and Positive energy and How to develop positive energy and positive attitude
- How to stay positive during a difficult time
Presentation Title: Active Listening - Are You Actually Listening?
Whether you are in social or work environments, you don’t just want to be heard you want to be truly listened to. When somebody is listening to you, is he/she actually listening? How you know that you are being listened to? Active listening is a critical soft skill that builds strong relationships and it can play an important role in helping you get ahead in your career, and is a skill that can be acquired and developed with a little patience and practice.
- Understand the importance of Soft Skills
- What is active listening and why it’s important
- Benefit of active listening
- Tips of How to be a good listener