TOPIC: Strategic Project Governance 2.0- A Leadership Initiative for PMO Directors and Project Managers
A recent study by MIT/CapGemini identified Governance as a major obstacle to successfully execute Digital Transformation efforts that seek to leverage technology as a strategic asset. As a result, the significant increase in technology-driven project requests that focus to enhance customer value, improve operational processes, and re-engineer business models are at risk to negatively impact business success if you have an ineffective or immature project, process, and leadership excellence model. Tactical governance processes in these three areas need to be aligned with a mature strategic project governance model that reduces enterprise risk, ensures total alignment in project selection/execution, and enables the business to accomplish its strategy, goals, and objectives. This presentation will provide you with a new Strategic Project Governance Model 2.0, methodology framework, case study examples, maturity assessment tool, and an implementation approach to improve your strategic project governance competency.
QUESTIONS THE PRESENTATION WOULD ANSWER
1. How can a Project, Process, and Leadership Governance Model minimize business risk, successfully identify and align projects to business strategy, and enable business goals be achieved?
2. What are the dimensions to measure the maturity of a Governance model and how to self-assess your company’s IT Project, Process, and Leadership Governance Model using a best-in-class assessment tool?
3. How can I self-assess my organization's Strategic Project Governance Maturity for project, process, and leadership excellence and compare your results with all assessment respondents?
4. How can I access workshop materials to use in my organization to develop/mature their Strategic Project governance competency in project, process, and leadership excellence?
5. Why a Strategic Project governance model in project, process, and leadership excellence requires a business unit and IT organization partnership leads to business success?
6. What are the 20 best-in-class critical components that business and IT organization need to succeed to develop a mature Strategic Project governance project, process, and leadership excellence model will improve your organizations collaboration competency?
7. How can your organization use an assessment tool to measure the maturity in Strategic Project, process, and leadership governance and improve the maturity of your PMO Governance competency
Speaker: Phil Weinzimer
Phil Weinzimer is president of Strategere Consulting and works with clients to develop business and IT strategies that focus on achieving business outcomes. Phil has expertise in developing and implementing methodologies in Project Governance, Processes Redesign, Change Management, IT Strategy, and Digital Transformation at Unisys, Xerox, and BMC Software. His industry experience is in pharma, telecommunications, defense, and manufacturing
Phil is currently conducting research for his third book, Strategic IT Governance 2.0: A Business Imperative for Competitive Success, to be published in early 2020 His previous book, The Strategic CIO: Changing the Dynamics of the Business Enterprise, focuses on how strategic CIOs leverage information and technology for competitive advantage. His first book, Getting It Right: Creating Customer Value for Market Leadership. focuses on how to transform an organization using a 3P strategy to Prepare personnel to work together as a team, Perceive customer needs, and Provide new products and services that create sustainable and profitable value.
Additionally, he writes a column for CIO.com column: Transforming IT for Business Success and AITS.org-The Strategic CIO, and has co-authored a Harvard Case Study. Phil also conducts video interviews of IT Thought Leaders on his series The Strategic CIO. Phil speaks regularly at CIO & IT events on IT Strategy and How Strategic CIOs and IT organizations are changing the dynamics of the business enterprise. Phil is also corporate faculty at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in the Masters Project Management Program .