Topic: Lost in translation- a PM perspective
Presentation Objectives- will deliver a personal experience in managing projects/people remotely and internationally. Look at communication to deliver under the pandemic and future work challenges.
Speaker bio: Baha Hasasneh
Baha is a Project Manager with experience in water and wastewater treatment with a mechanical engineering background and Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) status in Alberta, Canada. Baha’s experience since 1995 has been diverse in different parts of the world (Malaysia, UAE, Iraq, Saudi, Egypt, Canada, USA, Mexico, and Argentina) and on different sides of the projects as Feasibility studies, engineering design, project management, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance and evaluation of water and wastewater systems.
Baha’s experience in people management included developing professional development plans, soft skills development, hiring project managers and technical professionals mentoring professionals, and leading technical teams. Baha is a Group Leader for water professionals at Jacobs.
Key Skills/Areas of Expertise
- Registered Professional Engineer at APEGA. Water and wastewater mechanical process engineering.
- Managed and led project management teams, process design, and construction solutions of water and wastewater treatment systems locally and internationally.
- Designed and built hydraulic models and design models for water and wastewater systems as well as proficient in process modeling IMS Design and ROSA (Dupont) membrane system.
- Creation and development of technical documentation for process, equipment, system Standard Operating Procedures, Maintenance Manuals, Maintenance schedules, set-up manuals, and more.
- Proposal writing, presentations, and coordination with different engineering and project disciplines.
- Design manager of Design-Build (DB), Design-Build-Operate (DBO), Build-Operate-Transfer (BOOT) projects and familiar with other project deliveries such as Progressive Design-Build (PDB) and Integrated Design-Build (IPD).
- Computer proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and MS Project
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Machine Design, University of Jordan. Amman, Jordan