Are you already an experienced project management employee or are you interested in obtaining a career in project management? Have you thought about getting PMP® / CAPM® certified?
If so, The Project Management Institute Northern Alberta Chapter (PMINAC) can help you with your preparation to obtain these certifications that will help advance your career!
PMINAC sponsors a study group with a planned commencement date of September 15, 2020. Come join the study group by signing up!
What is the PMINAC Study Group?
Open to all members* of the PMINAC Chapter, the PMINAC Study Group hosts 9-week study groups to help students prepare for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) and Project Management Professional (PMP) exam. The Study Group is hosted and facilitated by PMINAC Volunteers who already have obtained their PMP certifications are experienced in the discipline of project management.
How does it work?
Through the 9 weeks of study, PMINAC volunteer facilitators will provide overview presentations for each of the chapters in the PMBOK® - Sixth Edition to relay the foundation and basics to the students. Along the way, the facilitators will provide tips and tricks for the exam prep and highlight key learning areas. The tables are then turned during each session for the students to present the chapter to the class. Additionally, each session will have an exam at the beginning of the class where students test their knowledge and a 100-questions final exam on the last day as final preparation.
Through our previous offerings we have found that after the 9 weeks the participants are in the best position to challenge (and pass) the PMP® / CAPM® exam, demonstrated with our high success rate.
We will not be accepting any new registrations after August 31, 2020. No Exceptions.
This study group is NOT an in-class training by instructors, but a highly interactive study group facilitated by PMINAC experienced volunteers and study group participants. The sessions are designed to assist in your study preparation to obtain your PMP® or CAPM®. You will be required to study all chapters of the PMBOK® - Sixth Edition over the 9 sessions and write the final exam.
$100.00 for the cost of study material including exam simulator.
Testimonials from participants
- “The success rate of the study group is amazing!! Thank you so much to you and your team for organizing the session and helping us succeed!
- “I am extremely grateful to the PMINAC team volunteers for spending their valuable time in helping and coaching each one of us to enable get through this exam successfully. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.”
Time Frame & Location: TBA
Tuesdays – Location
Eligibility Criteria and Registrations
* Online registrations will be open from July 28, 2020. Please ensure you fulfil both criteria prior to registering:
1. Your PMI number along with confirmation of PMINAC membership until November 30, 2020, and
2. Eligibility letter from PMI indicating your acceptance to schedule the exam (Sample PMI Exam Eligibility)
3. Date and time you booked your exam
There will be 25 spots available and acceptance will be on a first come – first serve basis for those that meet and provide the above noted pre-requisites by Thursday, August 30, 2020.
Happy Studying everyone!!!
|Event End Date||11-30-2020|
|Registration Start Date||07-28-2020 6:00 am|
|Cut off date||09-24-2020 8:00 pm|
|Individual Price||Members only (printed materials+exams)|