2018 Project of the Year
The Project of the Year Award is an annual award given by the Project Management Institute Northern Alberta Chapter (PMINAC). The Award recognizes the accomplishments of the project team and their project for excellence in project management, superior organizational results, and positive impacts on society. Any project from organizations within the service area of PMINAC is eligible for the competition. Winning projects will be selected through a competitive application and evaluation process. Awards have been made available in 7 different categories, and each Category winner is then considered for the overall Project of the Year. The awards are announced at the PMINAC annual conference and are also published in PMINAC communication channels, and, in the case of the Overall Winner, also advertised in the Edmonton Journal.
New this Year
This year PMINAC has aligned our Award submission form with the PMI Project Awards programs. This means that Chapter participants can be on their way to initiate and fine-tune their applications and submit them to PMI without major changes. For more information about the PMI Awards programs please visit https://www.pmi.org/about/awards/professional.
Also new this year, PMINAC has introduced the optional Letter of Intent form. This form is intended to provide a channel for project professionals to indicate their sincere interest and engage with the Project of the Year team to get more information and assistance with the Awards program.
Finally, all project submissions this year must fill out and submit the Project Information and Release form as a separate document as part of their submission package.
- Competition opens January 29, 2018
The webpage will be updated with all the relevant documents and instructions at that time
- The deadline for the optional Letter of Intent is March 31, 2018.
- Competition closes April 13, 2018 at 11:59p.m.
- No submissions will be accepted after this date.
- Please note that to qualify for consideration as a finalist or winner, the submission must meet a threshold criteria defined as attaining a minimum score of 60%, and as per the Guideline, all criteria must be addressed.
- Winners will be notified the week of May 7, 2018
- Awards presented on June 6, 2018 during the Annual Conference.
2018 Submission Categories:
- Business Transformation and/or Strategy Project
- Construction and Infrastructure Project
- Environmental Management Project
- Information Management and Technology Project
- Innovation and Research Project
- Oil, Gas and Green Energy Project
- Student Project (Post Secondary)
Project of the Year Documents
- document 2018 POY Submission Form (69 KB)
- document Project Information and Release Form (41 KB) folder
- document Optional Letter of Intent (41 KB)
- document Project Of the Year Submission Guidelines (68 KB)