With more than 260,000 members in over 171 countries, PMI is the leading membership association for the project management profession. PMI is actively engaged in advocacy for the profession, setting professional standards, conducting research and providing access to a wealth of information and resources. PMI also promotes career and professional development and offers certification, networking and community involvement opportunities.
For more than 40 years, PMI has advanced the careers of practitioners who make project management indispensable for business results.
PMI professionals come from virtually every major industry including, aerospace, automotive, business management, construction, engineering, financial services, information technology, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, and telecommunications. For information on the benefits of joining PMI, visit the PMI website.
The Northern Alberta Chapter is made up of over 1200 members and serves the large geographic area of Northern Alberta and NWT. Although most events take place in Edmonton, there are a significant number of members from Grande Prairie, Fort McMurray, and Yellowknife.
Benefits of membership in PMINAC include:
- A strong network in Northern Alberta and beyond that is important in building strength in the project management sector. A strong diverse membership base increases the credibility and viability of project managers within the associated areas.
- A centralized local source to fulfil requirements for Professional Development Units (PDUs) through activities including education, volunteer opportunities and conference events.
- Consistent standards and shared best practices between project managers in Northern Alberta corporations and businesses.
- Credibility in project management processes within corporations as a result of affiliation and association with PMINAC.
- Accreditation information available to all interested potential applicants, as well as a study group program to provide peer support through the certification process.
- A Mentoring Program that engages members and encourages interaction between members both new and established.
- Reduced prices for many Chapter events.
Join the PMI Northern Alberta Chapter through the PMI.org website on your MyPMI page.