PMI Northern Alberta Chapter
PMI-ACP Study Group Fall 2022 is back!
Are you an experienced project management employee or are you interested in Advancing your career as Agile Certified Practitioner? Have you thought about getting PMI-ACP® certified?
The Project Management Institute Northern Alberta Chapter (PMINAC) offer to help with your preparation to obtain PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) ® Certification that shall help you advance in your career!
PMI-ACP Study Group Timelines
What is the PMINAC Study Group?
Open to all members* of the PMINAC Chapter, the PMINAC Study Group hosts multi-week study groups to help yourself prepare for the PMI-ACP Certification Exam (PMI-ACP®). The Study Group is hosted and facilitated by PMINAC Volunteers who already have obtained their PMI-ACP® Certification are experienced in the discipline of project management.
How does it work?
Through the multiple weeks of study, PMINAC volunteer facilitators will provide overview presentations for each of the chapters in the Agile Practice Guide (2017) to relay the foundation and basics to the students. Along the way, the facilitators will provide tips and tricks for the exam prep and highlight key learning areas. The tables are then turned during each session for the students to present the chapter to the class. Additionally, each session will have an exam at the beginning of the class where students test their knowledge and a 100-questions final exam on the last day as a final preparation.
This study group is NOT an in-class training by instructors, but a highly interactive study group facilitated by PMINAC experienced volunteers and study group participants. The sessions are designed to assist in your study preparation to obtain your PMI-ACP®. You will be required to study all chapters of the PMI-AGILE GUIDE® - Latest Edition over the multiple sessions and write the final exam.
$100 plus GST for the cost of study material including exam simulator.
Testimonials from participants
- “The success rate of the study group is amazing!! Thank you so much to you and your team for organizing the session and helping us succeed!
- “I am extremely grateful to the PMINAC team volunteers for spending their valuable time in helping and coaching each one of us to enable us get through this exam successfully. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.”
Time Frame & Location:
Every TUESDAY Evening’s – VIRTUAL
- An Introduction to Agile describes the Agile Manifestomindset, values, and principles. It also covers the concepts of definable and high-uncertainty work, and the correlation between lean, the Kanban Method and agile approaches.
- Life Cycle Selectionintroduces the various life cycles discussed in the practice guide and covers suitability filters, tailoring guidelines, and common combinations of approaches.
- Implementing Agile: Creating an Agile Environment talks about critical factors to consider when creating an agile environment such as servant leadership and team composition.
- Implementing Agile: Delivering in an Agile Environmentdiscusses how to organize a team and common practices the team can use for delivering value on a regular basis. It provides examples of empirical measurements for the team and for reporting status.
- Organizational Considerations for Project Agilityexplores organizational factors that impact the use of agile practices, such as culture, readiness, business practices, and the role of a project management office (PMO).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our VP certifications - Abiodun Sorinolu: certification@PMINAC.com